Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Best east coast destinations? I would really appreciate help!! Coolest place gets best answer!!?

OK, I have one month until my roadtrip. I'm starting in Oklahoma and driving to Philadelphia. (I'm going the Tennessee, Virginia, W.V., Maryland route to get there because it's pretty). I'll go from Philly to Boston, and wanna hit all the boroughs of New York on the way too (anything cool you can suggest like restaurants great). I'm going from Boston up through Vermont and New Hampshire and crossing into Canada. I'll go through Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia, then I'm taking a ferry into Maine and I'm driving back down to Baltimore where the east coast portion of my trip will end.



I really want some cool places to visit, any beautiful scenic routes or lesser traveled highway would be great... cool places to eat, hiking trails, I like outdoor things mostly I love hiking, etc. So anything like that would be great. Any cool little towns in Maine would be great



Would love anybody's help. And if anyone has West coast suggestiosn that would be cool too. I'm flying from Baltimore to San Francisco and driving from there to Oklahoma, going through Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Kansas. Anything that comes to mind, I would love suggestions.Best east coast destinations? I would really appreciate help!! Coolest place gets best answer!!?
Wow nice road trip you have planned. Check to make sure you can take a ferry from Nova Scotia to Maine, they closed down the Cat which went from Nova Scotia to Bar Harbor. I work in a restaurant along the coast of Maine and was just talking with people form Prince Edward Island, now they have a ferry and a bridge, when I was there, they had only the ferry that was 22 years ago. My best suggestion in Maine is the coast, very beautiful, Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park I recommend.



Upstate New York is nice. Been to the baseball and the basketball hall of fameBest east coast destinations? I would really appreciate help!! Coolest place gets best answer!!?
take about 5 days in new york state



The baseball hall of fame is in Cooperstown new york, the boxing hall of fame is in cazanovia new york, my city binghamton new york is the carasole capital of the world, the city of Ithaca has a crap load of big waterfalls, and the famous finger lakes. In scranton Pa 1 hour south of binghamton is steamtown usa (old rail road museum, along with the lackawana coal mine tour (actually kinda cool) .

syracuse new york has the old Erie canal museum. theirs lots of stuff to do here as far as atractions



as far as hiking goes i can sugest a few mountain trails



The catskills (closest to all the above mentioned) all can be hiked without fancy gear, bring water and trail food

if your in good shape,

Twin Mountian

http://catskillmountaineer.com/IH-twin.h鈥?/a> challenging, (extremely) but world class veiws from the top on a clear day (do go to the north summit aswell the veiw is good their)

Giant ledge- good views less effort but still Rockey

Wittenberg mountian

http://catskillmountaineer.com/SMW-witte鈥?/a> excellent views long steep climb



Easyer stuff

slide mountian

http://catskillmountaineer.com/SMW-slide鈥?/a> decent views Catskills highest, easy walk up

Overlook mountian

http://catskillmountaineer.com/IH-overlo鈥?/a>

good veiws and the famous woodstock new york (the concert was held down the road in bethel ny in the 60's)

Hunter mountian (my favorite mountain)

http://catskillmountaineer.com/hiking-hu鈥?/a>

best hike in the catskills in my mind, nice waterfall and great views from the tower





Aderondacks

Blue mountian- fire tower easy

Giant of the valley (giant mountian)- shortish hard hike, breathtaking view almost all the way up, and the roaring brook falls (and the noonmark diner the next town up)



Whiteface mountian- drive to the top to get good views or walk one way 6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment