Friday, February 24, 2012

Could the water at restaurants make me sick?

For around the past year I have been slowly trying to figure out what has been going on with my body - I would typically feel ill when out to eat and it would onset when we sat down and usually prior to ordering so that by the time the meal came, I couldn't eat. My symptoms started out as a shaky, uncomfortable feeling in my legs (centralized to my thighs), feeling of getting cold, throat closing, dehydration and eventually nausea which would lead me to the bathroom in which I had to urgently go both #1 and 2. I tried cutting out every food I could think of and finally stopped drinking the water at restaurants or over a friend's house and the feelings subsided!



I live in the Baltimore area and have never heard anyone else have an issue with the quality of the water but I can't seem to find another cause. Has anyone else had this happen? I can still drink water from my own tap at home. I ruled out that it was all in my head when cutting out other things didn't stop it but only water did. I also found it weird that I would feel worse on some occasions, typically when I would gulp water to try to make myself feel better!



So can anyone relate or have a clue why this could be happening?Could the water at restaurants make me sick?
It could be the ice in the water, rather than the water itself. A lot of restaurants have filthy ice makers/machines. You'd be shocked at the bacteria found in a lot of ice.
  • duplicolor
  • planet hollywood
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment