Friday, February 24, 2012

Things to do in Baltimore for an 18th birthday?

I turn 18 in two weeks, and I'm still hung up on what to do for my birthday.



All my friends are older than me, and they keep saying they need to "take me to the club" but the only "ok" clubs I know of in Baltimore are located around the downtown area, which otherwise wouldn't be a complete deal-breaker, but I've got friends from my university coming from out of town to celebrate with me, and how frequently do you hear "A fight erupted outside a Baltimore nightclub leaving 2 people dead, and one clinging to life" or things similar to that on the news these days?

I really don't be responsible for someone else's child getting hurt.



That being said, I was thinking about dinner and dancing restaurants. I like salsa, merengue, bachata and music like that, but not all my friends are familiar with/ into it, so a variety would be good.

I was also concerned about picking a place i've never been to because you never really know how the crowd there will be. I don't want my friends and I to end up being the only college students in a 30 and over crowd.



If you have any ideas, please let me know- thanks in advance!Things to do in Baltimore for an 18th birthday?
Here is a link to some fun attractions and activities coming up soon in Baltimore. I hope this is helpful.



http://www.baltimorefunguide.com/Things to do in Baltimore for an 18th birthday?
The Inner Harbor is the most touristy area there ever was. I'd recommend staying far away from it. If you like touristy things that you can do at any city, like visit Cheesecake Factory and buy t-shirts with crabs on them, go for it.



Go to Hampden, which is also turning really touristy, but in a more charming way. They have lots of little boutiques, art galleries, and vintage shops. Visit the Baltimore Museum of Art. Good places to eat include the Hon Cafe (in Hampden), Burke's, which is by the Inner Harbor, the Paper Moon Diner, and anywhere in Little Italy. The cheapest place there is Amici's. I also recommend seeing a movie at the Charles Theater. Two good restaurants there are Tapas Teatro and Sophie's Crepes, which are both right next door.



If and only if you are capable of engaging in an extended discussion regarding underground music, I recommend hitting up Charm City Art Space. It is an awesome place, but they may judge you if you don't fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment