Friday, February 24, 2012

Philly or Baltimore/Washington DC Or New Jersey?

Which is a better place to start a life... I will be graduating from Law School. My husband is a chef... looking to open a restaurant. We have two children.

Need a city that has a lot to do. Nice suburbs. Fun downtown-lively.

Which city has the most bang for its buck... such as real estate prices...

in the city where the real estate is higher is it worth it because of the entertainment, schools etc

I have narrowed my choices to Philly, Balt/Wash DC or New JerseyPhilly or Baltimore/Washington DC Or New Jersey?
I know I keep answering your questions (sorry lol) but the Washington D.C. area has butt expensive real estate prices. It way too frickin expensive!!! An average size house in ANY neighborhood (new or old) sells for about $400,000.

The public school systems SUCK!!!!!!!!!! I swear to Christ this is not sarcasm. I go to a private school which is majorly expensive but its the best thing this area has to offer in terms of schooling. Before that i was homeschooled because my public school was so awful and violent. Turn on the news in this area and all you hear about is how crappy these schools are. People in this area who are majorly concerned about their kids move...

And entertainment...pretty expensive I guess. A movie ticket at one of the nicer movie theatres is about $10 bucks...but other than that, this area can keep you considerably busy.

Another concern is safety...look on the front of the Washington Post and you'll see how unsafe this area is...its ridiculous. I wouldn't start off in this area...no way. After I am an adult, there is a 99.99% chance Im not going to raise my family in this area...



BUT other than that...its okay i guess :)Philly or Baltimore/Washington DC Or New Jersey?
Between the areas you have designated, I would recommend the Baltimore/Washington. New Jersey gets much colder. No one ever recommends Philly. Washington has a lot of history to offer, Baltimore has lots to do. The area between is built up suburban America. But you can find quality, safe education in that area. Find the county information you desire online and review the statistic. In Maryland, i'd recommend Howard, Anne Arundel, Carroll, Harford Co areas. Housing is expensive, but all of it is nationwide. The markets are coming down and some are desperate to sell their homes. So you may be able to find a good deal with some research. There is some good neighborhoods, take your time and check them out. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment