Friday, March 9, 2012

Does it sound like my business partner is taking advantage of me?

Some of you know that my wife* and I run the Abandoned Squirrel Society. (A.S.S.)- a non profit shelter for displaced or low impact hit and run accident survivors.

Since the stimulus package awarded us a great deal of money to carry on this great institution, we decided to take on a local businessman to help with the day to day operations. My wife* and I went on a goodwill search looking for more helpless animals. We traveled to Bermuda, Key West, the Cayman Islands, Aruba and many other tropical islands in this gut wrenching search. I am sorry to say, we were not able to return with them. Unbeknownst to us, Carnival Cruise lines has a rule about bringing animals on board.



But back to my original problem. Our partner, Lil' Donng ,runs a chinese eatery in town. Lately, his business has tripled in size. Word on the street is that his new menu features some of the most exotic dishes ever created. I was very happy for him, until I recently visited the shelter and found only 2-3 dozen squirrels. Normally at this time , there are hundreds in the shelter waiting for spring release.



Even more disturbing was the fact he traded our Tahoe in for a Mini Cooper.

I was like " Donng, Donng, where is my automobile?"



He stated that we no longer needed the bigger truck since the animals were shipped directly to the restaurant.

So my question to you, is 30% a big enough cut on the restaurants profits? My wife* says at least 40%.Does it sound like my business partner is taking advantage of me?
nice ' 16 candles ' line.



i hope that was not the same place my last date took me. i thought the chinese chicken was a little greasier than usual. but, my date seemed to enjoy the meal.



i think you should be happy with the 30% dude. your wife* seems to be a little greedy with the extra 10% demand.



maybe she should be selling the fur for coats.
Silence!

I kiiill you!Does it sound like my business partner is taking advantage of me?
I'll have to agree with Achmed The Dead Terrorist on this one, Ted. 30% is fine.
Both Achmed and Pabs make a good point, Ted.

Now, could you and your wife help out with an elderly beaver in need of some TLC?
I would go with your wife* and say 40%. But aim higher. Squeeze out as much as you can from this Lil' Dong character.



Oh- and just asking out of interest, what colour is the Mini?
Sorry to sound cold but those feckers had it coming to them.
Ted this all about compromise , both you and your wife* are correct 30% %26amp; 40 % = 70 % is more than fair (to you )........besides who wants a Lil' donng ......they have pills for that !
I agree with EoS,,,no one wants a lil Dong...and for the love of God....help out an old woman and her beaver will ya?
No more yanky Donng's wanky, Donng needs to cook food. I think you have room for negotiating now. It was 30%, your *wife wants 40%, so maybe you can settle on something in the middle. This way you can make everyone happy and Donng can get back to running the business.
a mini cooper? how is a s s supposed to survive in that small of a car. No leg room and the gear shift goes right where the sun don't shine. Any who.....little pin ding a ling needs to find a new car for you. I would say 40 is a good answer no need to low ball your self.
Ted, your contribution to this venture is far too great for such a small slice of the action. You need to negotiate hard and ruthlessly. If you suspect foul play then teach the squirrels Kung Fu so they can protect themselves and when Lil' Donng's business starts to decline, this is the time to strike for a better deal.



As usual, my 10% consultancy fee will apply.
At least 40% and we NEED a larger vehicle... I am so tired of having to hang out of the window...

No comments:

Post a Comment