Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm trying to find a steak and seafood restaurant in midtown Manhattan?

In 2005 I went on my first trip to New York and stayed in the Wellington Hotel ( corner of west 56th and 7th Avenue ) and one night visited a ( non-chain ? ) restaurant/bar which could only have been a few blocks/short walk from the hotel. I remember the entrance was quite low key with a suited guy on the door and as soon as you went inside there was a large meat store 'room' on your right and , I think , a cigar stock room. The restaurant was a bit like 'Cheers' with sporting photos and opposite the rest rooms a large lobster tank for customers to choose from. We only had a drink that time but I would love to go back for a meal but I've 'lost' it ! I've checked online all of the advertising steak houses in the area so any help would be much appreciated...thanks.

John N.I'm trying to find a steak and seafood restaurant in midtown Manhattan?
That was gallagher's steak house on 50th off broadway. Reservations are needed for nights that broadway shows are open before 8 pm. The ed sullivan theatre is to the left on Broadway and The color purple is on the right side.
Red Lobster!I'm trying to find a steak and seafood restaurant in midtown Manhattan?
Might have been Keene's Steakhouse - 72 West 36th Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment