Friday, March 9, 2012

Looking into taking a Cruise. What are the best cruise lines for a 20 and 23 year old couple?

So, I'm in charge of planning this vacation. We want to go on a cruise. (i'm already nervous about a cruise because 1 i think its pretty poor to do this on a cruise ship instead of a superyacht, and 2 because people get lost/sick on cruise boats)



What cruise line is the best for a couple who is 20 and 23? (not going on disney thx)

Looking for a crusie line where the majority of people who go are not like all 40 and 50 year old married couples who left the kids at home...

I think something where there are ppl our age traveling without adults would be best.



and, do the cruise ships let ppl under 21 get alcohol from the bars and restaurants on the ship?



ALSO, I am looking at a 4 night cruise. It goes from miami, to key west, then to mexico, then "fun day at sea" then to miami. There is another option of "miami, "fun day at sea", Mexico, "fun day at sea", Miami. Is it better to have the multiple stops? I can't imagine being on the ship that whole time...idk im scared.



Ok thx byee!Looking into taking a Cruise. What are the best cruise lines for a 20 and 23 year old couple?
I am 27 and I went on the Carnival Imagination to the Bahamas. There were a lot of people around my age I would rank the ages like this:

1. 20's and 30's

2. Teens

3. 40's and 50's

4 small children



I rarely saw the small kids since they have like a day camp thing they go to which keeps them contained away from most of the people.



I was terrified to go on the ship because of reasons you mentioned. Once on there though I was totally comfortable and never wanted to get off. You feel very safe, you see the same faces all the time and there are always people around so nothing can happen to you unless you're really stupid. I never felt the movement of the ship only occasionally when I was in the bathroom of my cabin. My biggest fear was being out in the open sea I hate deep water and I was surrounded!! Funny though my favorite place on the ship was wide open looking out at nothing but water so peaceful and relaxing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54619901@N0鈥?/a>



Not sure about the alcohol but I never once had my ID out just my key card which also served as my source of funds and to get drinks. If someone 21 got it for you no one would ever know when you're walking around with it.



I think having more stops is better so that you have the option of getting off or not. It's always fun to see the islands and enjoy the beaches.



Overall the cruise was by far the best vacation i have ever had. The fact that everything is taken care of for you is fabulous and all you need to worry about is having fun!
royal carribbean is the best cruise line hands down for any ageLooking into taking a Cruise. What are the best cruise lines for a 20 and 23 year old couple?
1) If you get sea sick on a cruise ship, just think how bad you will feel on a superyacht!!



2) people dont get lost on cruise ships. They may have problems finding their room the first day or so though.



3) You can not buy alcohol if you are under 21, and if they think you are buying it and giving it to someone under 21, they can put off the ship at the next port. Just wait till both are 21.



4) Your best bet is to go on a carnival cruise. There will be more people your age onboard, especially if you go during spring break. But there will still be "old" people there too.



5) 40's ARE NOT OLD!!! :) We like to party too (with no kids). But I get your point.



6) The more stops on a cruise the better, but there is nothing wrong (or boring) about the fun days at sea.



Nothing to be scared about on a cruise. In fact, I think its one of the nicer vacations you can take. Once on board you have absolutely nothing to worry about because everything is taken care of for you.
I hate to bust your balloon, but most cruise ships require that at least one person in each stateroom be at least 25 years old for you to travel on a cruise. I know Carnival definitely has this requirement (and you mentioned a "fun day at sea," so I'm assuming you're looking at a Carnival cruise).



I would suggest getting ahold of a travel agent (AAA is a good one, if you're a member) and asking if they know of any cruise lines that let people 21 and older go on a cruise without that 25 year old requirement.



I want to say there might be some kind of loop hole about married couples under 25. But, you'll have to check with specific cruise lines for their regulations. And, a travel agent should know (or know who to ask) which cruise lines might have less strict age requirements.
yeah i agree with the first two answers. Carnival is the best for your age group. theyre the "fun ships". also, ppl dont get lost in cruise ships, they often have maps to guide u or u can always ask a crew member, and if u get sick, they have seasickness meds onboard for free, but there is a low possibility of you getting sick on board, but it depends on the weather and how your body can handle the movement. And about the alcohol age limit..... I'm not 100% sure about carnival, but most cruise liners ( I know this for sure on Norwegian Cruise Line) that if you are a married couple and you can provide a marraige certificate they will give you a waiver for the age limit. thats if u r married

No comments:

Post a Comment