Monday, March 12, 2012

Thoughts on wedding favors?

I'm planning on doing bottles of water with a personalized label on them to have for the guests at the ceremony. It's an outdoor ceremony in Key West. It'll be sunset but it'll still be warm out so I thought giving them out to each guest at the ceremony would be nice.



We've rented out the main dining room of our favorite restaurant for after the ceremony so we're not having a traditional reception but more of a celebration dinner. We have a full sit down 3 course meal planned for dinner and we are having a cake well. Should I have a small favor to give the guests at the dinner as well or is the bottle of water enough? This is a small wedding (approx 50 ppl) and is sort of a destination wedding. We're getting married in Key West which is about 3hrs from where we live.Thoughts on wedding favors?
A bottle of water is hardly a "wedding favor"- it's more of a common courtesy for people who have to sit outdoors on a warm night.

I suggest you put a small, decorative box of chocolate or something pretty and edible at each place setting so they can take it home with them.
I think the bottle is a kool idea :) I was going to do this till i changed reception sites

I would do something a little extra maybe, if you can afford it, since its in Key West, I would do something with little vials of sand with sea shells or something. I've gotten something similar to that from flordia and thought it was pretty kool. I still have it actually.



this is what i'm doing for my favors. I'm getting little vials/bottles with cork stoppers, filling the vials with different colored sand( beach themed reception) and then have a slit cut in the cork stoppers to have the place card, so it doubles as a place card holder/ favor :)Thoughts on wedding favors?
i like the idea - i have read on other sites that giving a tote of sorts is also a good idea for out-of-town guests. some of the ideas included a map of the area, a list of neat things to do around town, flip flops, some stuff like that.

personally, anything outside of something at dinner is a little too much, but that's for you to decide!
I love the bottle idea! Very considerate of your guests.
The bottles of water are a good idea. You do not need to give anymore. To me favours are a waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment