Friday, March 9, 2012

If I was out of state, visiting Key West Florida, and got a ticket on my rental moped, and I didn't pay.....?

So, say hypothetically speaking of course, I was in Florida on vacation, (i live in MA) and I got a parking ticket for parking my moped overtime in a 1 hour parking space (so stupid, what if this person was just eating dinner at a restaurant??!!) and we just took the ticket home and never paid it.



Will I have any problems when I go to renew my License or car registration ???!!!!????!!!! Is there any way that I can check my "account" with the RMV and see if there are any holds that this ticket would have brought up??If I was out of state, visiting Key West Florida, and got a ticket on my rental moped, and I didn't pay.....?
If it is the same as car rental companies once they get the ticket, they will charge you the fine to your credit/debt card. In the contract/agreement it stats that you are responsible for all tickets [parking, red light, speeding, etc]
the scooter rental company will eventually get the ticket in the mail and some fees. they will look up who was renting it at that time and they will contact your 'friend' and demand they pay the ticket and all fees. If ou don't, they can sue or maybe put a hold on your license.If I was out of state, visiting Key West Florida, and got a ticket on my rental moped, and I didn't pay.....?
In most States %26amp; Big cities such as NY %26amp; Cities in Fl,there is a program that all these rental companies participate in. I don't actually recall the name of it but basically what It does is, The company is indemnified against such actions because these companies can "Rack Up" very LARGE parking violation fines. To combat this they give to the city in question a copy of your Drivers license AND your signed rental contract and what do you know? You get the violation (Including penalties) in the mail at your home address no matter where It is and then your states DMV is also, eventually, contacted and behold you have a hold on your d/l. So, I would inquire NOW before penalties (Penalties at times R higher then the actual ticket)Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment